Thursday, March 3, 2011

Raspberry Mousse Almond Crumb Cake


It's like a map of some strange and wonderful raspberry planet.

Since I couldn't sleep this morning, I thought my time would be better spent baking.

I cracked open my personalized recipe book from Lou (more on this later) and decided to tackle the above mentioned cake. Having no almonds didn't daunt me (my brother is not a huge nut fan) nor did our lack of raspberry preserves (that weird strawberry jelly handing out in the fridge had to get used somehow). Like a knight errant on her holy baking quest, I set forth. While I may not have found the grail (it probably should have cooled the full three hours and next time I won't use a glass pie pan), the end results were satisfying to all who sampled them.



Untouched.


Impatience runs in the family...mom and brother (and I) could not wait for cake to cool, so we dug in.


Sleeping in its glass castle. From Ikea.


Hey what are you doing in here, Raspberry Pie? I didn't make you, but you sure are pretty!