Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Batter Witch




I've had a hankering for zucchini bread for a a long while now. Last summer, on the way back from the Cape I stopped at a farmer's market and had the BEST zucchini bread ever. The baker had used pineapple to sweeten the batter, and I remember the base being crunchy and caramelized. Oh my! I didn't attempt to find that recipe, but I did find this from an adorable blog, Smitten Kitchen.

Can I tell you how amazing the batter tasted? A perfect blend of salt and sweet; I wanted to eat it raw. I did not. The aroma upon baking was lovely, perfect for warming an airconditioned house. Once baked, I didn't notice the salt/sweet as much, and the zucchini flavor was pretty subtle (the golden raisins I added might have upstaged the zucchini) but that didn't stop me from gobbling down two, warm. Mmmm. Especially good with Bigelow's Vanilla and Caramel tea, my new obsession.

What's cooking in your kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment