Thursday, July 7, 2011

More Mermaids




Phew, only a few more pages and this dummy book will be complete! Next stage will be editing then creating the final images. If anyone want to leave feedback feel free to comment below.

Blogging over this last week has been really useful and motivating for me. Usually I just let afternoons pass, only thinking about how I should be drawing. But blogging makes me feel as if I've made some tangible progress; it's like being published without being published. I've been thinking a lot about art and motivation and the conclusion I keep coming back to is that, even if what I create isn't perfect, its important to at least do something. The only way to improve at anything is to make mistakes and to not be discouraged by them, but to keep going.

For more on this topic check out: Timmy and Sarah Cast, Nextness: Patti Smith.


Images are property of Amanda Anderson. Please ask for permission to use.

2 comments:

  1. can i use this? FOR PONYO???!!!! can you put her in a cup or a bag? the bucket is too ponyo! or manke it NOT green?

    love it so far though.
    louSister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe I forgot that Ponyo's bucket was green. Thanks, Lou.

    ReplyDelete